Being a businessman for over 20 years, and a successful entrepreneur, Josh Verne, the founder and CEO of Flocku.com, shares his experience and thoughts on how to handle a managerial position successfully.
- Passion drives people to heights they never thought they would reach. Verne explains that, it is only a passionate manager that would drive his business on the path towards success. In his opinion, a business has very minimal chances of succeeding if the one leading it doesn’t love what he is doing.
- A good manager knows how to be a leader, and not a boss. The difference between the two is that, a leader commands respect, the latter demands it. Furthermore, a leader has in mind what his team wants, and works towards achieving the goals of the team. A boss isn’t concerned about the objectives of his team, and only works towards achieving his own goals.
- Strive to keep the words you utter as few as possible. This way, you will command more authority. A good manager also listens more. This makes you earn respect.
- Balance out your day. Have time to develop not only your business, but also other aspects of your life such as relationships, and health. A good manager succeeds in all these aspects.
- Be selfless, and let every decision you make in every situation be a win-win for everyone. A win for you alone will demean your employees. The secret to having a successful company partly lies in keeping your employees happy. Verne makes it clear that, the best managers make a win-win decision even in the most difficult situations.
About Josh Verne
The businessman from America has experienced success in almost every business he has helped manage. Home Live Furniture, a furniture distribution company, is an example of companies he has served in a managerial position. Verne’s entrepreneurial skills were put to the test when he founded workpays.me, an e-commerce website that would let its subscribers make huge purchases from their payrolls.
Verne later sold workpays.me at an undisclosed amount, and less than two years later, founded another online based company known as Flocku.com. This platform enables students in college get the latest information about happenings in various campuses. It also allows them to market. This has been made possible through peer-to-peer connections. Being the current CEO of Flocku.com, Verne believes in the saying that, those who see what others can’t see are the ones who succeed.