All people in the world are uniquely gifted in different ways and field. However, it is highly recommended that people be the ’all round’ kind of individuals for the sake of flexibility. All round people are believed to have a better understanding of varying issues and therefore, do not have to rely on others. More so, they are mostly part of the solution in case a problem arose.
Adam Milstein is a native of Israel who served in IDF during the Yom Kippur War. He is a graduate from the Technion in 1978 with a Bachelor of Science degree in business and economics. It is during his college days that he was exposed to real estate by helping his father expand their real estate construction and development business. Also, he holds an MBA from USC in America.
He is a philanthropist, community leader, and a real estate investor. In 1983, he started his career in Commercial Real Estate in South California, before which he had worked as a Commercial Broker. Currently, he is a business associate at Hager Pacific, a privately owned real estate investment firm responsible for acquisition, rehabilitation and repositioning of property. Here, he oversees the company’s accounting, disposition, and financing requirements.
Moreover, Adam Milstein is a co-founder and also the National Chairman of the Israeli-American Council. He is also a Board member of several organizations. Besides, he and his wife are co-founders of Sifriyat Pijama B’America, an institution that provides free Hebrew books monthly, aimed at teaching Jewish values to 15,000 Israeli-Jewish families in America.
Adam Milstein is amongst the top a hundred people that influence Jewish life positively. He also stands as a rigorous activist for the Israelis. As a successful businessman, Adam believes in follow-up, consistency, and persistence that eventually turn his ideas into reality. He attributes his growth to not limiting himself to specific goals but work hard enough to be the best.
Being a businessman for over 20 years, and a successful entrepreneur, Josh Verne, the founder and CEO of Flocku.com, shares his experience and thoughts on how to handle a managerial position successfully.
- Passion drives people to heights they never thought they would reach. Verne explains that, it is only a passionate manager that would drive his business on the path towards success. In his opinion, a business has very minimal chances of succeeding if the one leading it doesn’t love what he is doing.
- A good manager knows how to be a leader, and not a boss. The difference between the two is that, a leader commands respect, the latter demands it. Furthermore, a leader has in mind what his team wants, and works towards achieving the goals of the team. A boss isn’t concerned about the objectives of his team, and only works towards achieving his own goals.
- Strive to keep the words you utter as few as possible. This way, you will command more authority. A good manager also listens more. This makes you earn respect.
- Balance out your day. Have time to develop not only your business, but also other aspects of your life such as relationships, and health. A good manager succeeds in all these aspects.
- Be selfless, and let every decision you make in every situation be a win-win for everyone. A win for you alone will demean your employees. The secret to having a successful company partly lies in keeping your employees happy. Verne makes it clear that, the best managers make a win-win decision even in the most difficult situations.
About Josh Verne
The businessman from America has experienced success in almost every business he has helped manage. Home Live Furniture, a furniture distribution company, is an example of companies he has served in a managerial position. Verne’s entrepreneurial skills were put to the test when he founded workpays.me, an e-commerce website that would let its subscribers make huge purchases from their payrolls.
Verne later sold workpays.me at an undisclosed amount, and less than two years later, founded another online based company known as Flocku.com. This platform enables students in college get the latest information about happenings in various campuses. It also allows them to market. This has been made possible through peer-to-peer connections. Being the current CEO of Flocku.com, Verne believes in the saying that, those who see what others can’t see are the ones who succeed.