Wengie, the fashion blogger, tackles 12 DIY school supply hacks in one of her new videos. Go to http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/wwwengie
to learn how to easily customize your ordinary school supplies.
- Create rainbow highlighters – Choose one light colored highlighter and two darker ones. Dab each side of the light marker tip with the darker ones for a rainbow effect.
- Customize your pencils – Cut your favorite washi tape to the exact length of your pencil. Wrap the tape around your pencil.
- Dress up your pens – Remove the refill from a pen with a clear tube. Make a water and glue mix and pour it into the tube. Sprinkle some glitter into the tube. Carefully replace the refill.
- Quill pens – Buy large feathers at a craft store and use water colors to paint them a variety of colors. Use any pen refill and cut the plastic up to the ink line. Now cut the tip of the feather stem. Slide the pen refill into the opening in the feather tube.
- Colored staples – Use any color sharpie to color the top of your ordinary staples.
- Personalized USB’s – Find custom erasers and cut a slit using an exacto knife. Carve out the slit until it’s the exact size of the USB and then slide the USB into the eraser.
- Sharpeners that hold pencil shavings – Use either an empty tic-tac container or a small plastic condiment cup. Glue the sharpener horizontally into the container’s lid.
- Heart paper clips – Bend each end of the paper clip upward toward the open end of the clip.
- Paper clip storage – Hot glue an old refrigerator magnet to the outside of a pencil/pen cup.
10, 11, & 12. Customize your portfolio – Cover the separator tabs with washi tape. Insert a piece of cardboard as a portfolio page. Glue different size and shape post-its onto this cardboard in any design you wish. Use this page as your to-do list or as a reminder board. Finally, use chalkboard paint and pens to turn your portfolio into a board you can change every day.
So be creative. It’s easy and fun.