Although every woman has a personal definition of success, there are common features that women who have made it in business have in common. Women who discover these traits find it easier to succeed in the face of many challenges and competition. This article will look at the seven secrets behind the successful businesswomen, and that make them different from others. As a businesswoman and a consultant, Susan McGalla, on bizjounals has excelled in the world of business and held high office positions. Her achievements are as a result of hard-work and commitment
• Are passionate on what they do. It is very true in all circles of life. It is the passion that make all the skills in a person meaningful. Without passion, a person will not rise above what is common. Motivation is a key factor for distinction since it creates room for innovation. Successful businesswomen who have recognized this secret love what they do are ever passionate on whatever they embark on doing.
• Risk takers. It is a common trait in successful businesswomen. They are not afraid of taking a risk; rather they move forward to affect changes. They avoid a reckless decision by engaging in well-calculated risk.
• They are aware failure, and success go together. Successful women recognize that failure is an opportunity for success. They know that sometimes failure is inevitable and that success does not happen always. Successful businesswomen are, therefore, not easily distracted by obstacles in their path but rather use them as a stepping stone to discovering another good opportunity that lies ahead.
• They believe in success. Successful women do not look down on themselves; they stay focused on their ideas. Even if their ideas seem crazy to other,s they believe they can achieve them. They usually have a big picture of what they want. They are also confident and aware how far their capability reaches.
• They set aside personal time. Away from other responsibility and commitments, successful women always set some time to be alone. The alone time offers them an opportunity to reflect on themselves, know what they have achieved and what they haven’t. It also gives them an opportunity to rest from their busy schedules.
• They nurture lasting relationships. To be successful, a network of people that one can rely on for support is essential. Successful women maintain strong friendships as well as forming others. Such friends play an important as a source of encouragement and in boosting morale, especially during hard times.
• They are ever grateful. Success does not take place in a vacuum. Businesswomen who know this truth acknowledge the people who help them achieve their goals be it at the workplace or home. That not only make them seem good but also promote loyalty from other people.